November 24, 2015
Best BuyStaff Writer
A 49-inch Toshiba HDTV for $149.99. Up to $125 off the iPad Air 2. A $500 40-inch Samsung HDTV and Xbox One gaming package.
There will be doorbuster deals aplenty when Best Buy stores open at 5 p.m. on Thanksgiving evening, and another round bright and early Friday morning at 8.
There also will be crowds aplenty. Some shoppers are already lining up outside stores, and others are fine-tuning their Black Friday shopping strategies.
If you’re looking to stuff your bag full of deals right after you stuff your belly full of turkey, make sure to follow these tips:
- Plot your route ahead of time. You can see the Black Friday ads online or in print beforehand, so nail down your list before you head out. You’ll be glad you did.
- Read the fine print and get in line early. Big doorbuster items have limited quantities, and Black Friday ads should indicate the minimum quantity guaranteed. Shop at the stores where they hand out tickets so you can be confident you’ll get what you came for. Best Buy will be passing out tickets for doorbuster items up to two hours before stores open.
- Bring company. This is a good idea for any situation that might require waiting in line. Wrangle a friend to join you (or make friends in line) to allow for breaks while waiting. Bring snacks for sharing, and be neighborly.
- Be polite. OK, this one’s pretty obvious, but there are people who sometimes don’t remember it.Being nice to your neighbors makes the wait more pleasant. Coordinate food, bathroom and coffee runs with your line mates, and have fun with it.
- Dress comfortably. For a big portion of the country, the weather in November can get pretty dicey. Check the forecast and be prepared to deal with whatever Mother Nature has in store.
Check out Best Buy’s Black Friday deals and store hours. If you’re more comfortable shopping from the comfort of the couch, almost every item in the Black Friday ad will be available for sale on BestBuy.com, with additional online doorbusters revealed throughout Thanksgiving Day.