May 6, 2020
KATIE KORANDAStaff Writer
or the second year in a row, Best Buy has landed a coveted spot on DiversityInc’s list of Noteworthy Companies that are committed to workplace diversity.
The list recognizes the nation’s top companies that excel in hiring, retaining and promoting women, minorities, people with disabilities, LGBTQ individuals and military veterans.
As a company, Best Buy is committed to encouraging our employees to bring their whole selves to work each day — even when going to work may look a little different these days.
“The work of developing a culture that embraces difference is a testimony that highlights the entire leadership team of Best Buy,” said Mark Irvin, our chief diversity officer.
We were among 32 companies recognized by being included on the list this year. More than 1,800 companies competed for a spot.
Here are some reasons why Best Buy earned this prestigious honor:
- We create a culture of support around mental health by providing education and offering enhanced resources. This includes 24/7 access to mental health professionals through Best Buy’s employee assistance program and eight no-cost counseling sessions per issue, per year.
- A set of benefits is available to assist employees during unplanned life experiences. For example, Paid Caregiver Leave gives eligible employees up to 160 hours of time off at 100% base pay.
- We offer domestic partner health care benefits for same-gender partners, as well as benefits for transgender employees.
- Best Buy is committed to helping teens from disinvested communities build brighter futures by ensuring they have access to the technology, training and mentorship they need to learn.
- We partner Best Buy employees with students from Minnesota Independence College who live with autism and other learning differences to help them learn workforce development skills.
- Our corporate work-study program with Cristo Rey Jesuit High School in Minneapolis provides workforce experience and traditionally supports students of color.
Click here to learn more about Best Buy’s commitment to diversity and inclusion.