Still scrambling to finish your holiday shopping? You’re not alone.
The National Retail Federation reported late last week that nine out of 10 Americans still had gifts to buy. In fact, the average person was only about half done with their shopping.
Tech is at the top of many holiday wish lists again this year, and Best Buy has a great selection of last-minute gift options from which to choose. Here’s everything you need to know about shopping at Best Buy this week.
What type of tech makes the best gift?
There are a wide variety of favorites this year, including voice assistants like Google Home, wireless headphones, virtual reality headsets, drones, TVs, gaming consoles, laptops and cameras.
Is Best Buy running any hot deals right now?
You bet. We have Black Friday-like deals on a variety of products that are available online and in-store now through Christmas Eve.
Here are a few examples:
- For those who have had a tough time finding iPhone 7 Plus, this is the time to pick one up. Get a $250 Best Buy gift card when you trade in an iPhone 6 or newer and buy and activate any iPhone with an installment billing plan on Sprint, Verizon or AT&T (in-store only).
- Save $125 on all iPad Pro 9.7-inch now through the end of the week.
- Save $70 on Beats by Dre Powerbeats2 wireless earbuds.
- Get a $60 Best Buy gift card with GoPro Hero5 Black purchase
- Get a $45 Best Buy gift card with GoPro Hero5 Session purchase
- Get a $20 Best Buy gift card with GoPro Hero Session purchase
What about stocking stuffers? Does Best Buy have any gifts under $50 or $100?
Absolutely. We have lots of great options for every budget, including some great stocking stuffers.
For less than $50:
- ReTrak Animalz On-Ear Headphones ($19.99) – These fun animal headphones are perfect for entertaining children on long trips.
- Tile Slim Item Tracker ($29.99) – Find your lost items anywhere with this tracking device. When you lose something out of Bluetooth range, every member of the Tile community who is running the app is searching for it too.
- mophie Powerstation 3000 mAh Portable Charger ($29.99) – Put the power to charge your smartphone in the palm of your hand.
For less than $100:
- Chromecast Ultra ($69) – Delivers everything you love about Chromecast plus faster processing speeds and up to 4K Ultra HD & HDR picture quality.
- Osmo Gaming System ($79) – With four downloadable apps, this gaming system lets your little one learn and play using your compatible Apple iPad.
- Jaybird Freedom F5 in-ear wireless headphones ($99.99) – Save $80 this week on these wireless earbuds that will keep any fitness fan from getting tangled in wires during a workout.
And if you just can’t decide what to buy, a gift card is always a good option. They’re available in any amount and never expire.
How long can I wait to order online and still get my gifts by Christmas?
If you order by 11:30 a.m. Eastern time on Wednesday, Dec. 21, your gift will make it under the tree in time. We’re automatically upgrading almost all orders to free two-day shipping.
Last-minute shoppers can take advantage of our in-store pickup by ordering on BestBuy.com and picking up from their local store same-day, usually within a couple of hours. And if you’re traveling to Grandma’s house, you can choose to pick up your gifts at the store nearest to there.
In-store pick-up will be available through Saturday, Dec. 24, on orders placed by 4 p.m. local time.
Does that mean Best Buy stores will be open on Christmas Eve?
Yes. Our stores will be open from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Christmas Eve to help last-minute shoppers. And if you can’t make it in time, you can order an electronic gift card anytime.
Whatever you give or to receive this holiday season, the Geek Squad can help make it work the way you want them to. Agents are available in-store, in-home and online to assist with anything that plugs into your wall or car. Visit www.bestbuy.com/geeksquad for details and to schedule an appointment.