March 5, 2015
Best BuyStaff Writer
If you’re an Android phone user, prepare for more options this spring when two of the most popular brands launch new devices.
This week Samsung announced the new Samsung Galaxy S 6 and Galaxy S 6 Edge, and HTC unveiled the new HTC One M9 at the Mobile World Congress wireless show. The new phones will arrive at Best Buy and Best Buy Mobile store beginning in April and pre-registration is available now for the new Samsung phones.
Get the most of your new mobile
If you have been waiting to buy a new Samsung or HTC phone, prepare for a different purchase experience than in years past. Here’s what you need to know:
- Plans: With the arrival of installment billing, leasing options and shared data plans, buying a phone and plan can be a bit more confusing. Best Buy provides expert service and unbeatable prices across the top phones, carriers and plan options to help consumers find the best solution for their individual needs. Plans like the exclusive Sprint Best Buy One plan make it even easier to get a new device with no up-front costs.
- Accessories: Protecting and personalizing your new device has never been easier or more fashionable. Best Buy will have more than 100 new accessories for these launches.
- Trade-In: Get value for your old gear through the Best Buy Trade In program. There are several options that deliver instant value for an old smartphone that can help pay for the new one.
- Pre-Register: If you’re interested in the new Samsung phones, pre-register to get a text message or email when the phones are available for pre-sale and purchase.
What to expect from the Galaxy S 6 and Galaxy S 6 edge*:
- Crafted from metal and tough Gorilla Glass® 4
- Galaxy S 6 edge offers a curved display on both sides
- Rear 16MP and front 5MP cameras with “Quick Launch” feature provides access to the camera from any screen
- Both phones feature built-in wireless charging compatible with virtually any wireless pad; wired fast charging powers the devices up to 50 percent in about 30 minutes
- Thin (6.8mm/7.0mm edge) and lightweight (138g/1323g edge)
- 5.1-inch Quad HD Super AMOLED® screens
- Quad 2.1 GHz + Quad 1.5 GHz, Octacore application processors – delivering high performance and better memory with lower power consumption
- Visit bestbuy.com/thenextbigthing for more information
What the HTC One M9 offers:
- All-metal unibody design with mirrored edges and dual tone silver and rose gold finish
- Available in gold on silver and gunmetal gray at a weight of just 157g
- Rear 20MP camera with a sapphire camera cover lens; shoots video in 4K resolution
- Dual front-facing BoomSound speakers with 5.1 channel Dolby Audio surround sound simulation
- The ability to swipe the screen and stream music or video to compatible home stereo devices
- 5-inch HD 1080p display
- HTC Sense 7 with themes to customize your experience
- Features Qualcomm Snapdragon 810 Octacore processor
- Click here for more information
* This device has not been authorized as required by the rules of the Federal Communications Commission. This device is not, and may not be, offered for sale or lease, or sold or leased, until authorization is obtained.