July 14, 2014
Shane KitzmanStaff Writer
Geek Squad passed on the sheet cake for its 20th birthday.
Instead, Geek Squad hit Wall Street and celebrated its 20th birthday by ringing the bell at the New York Stock Exchange.
President of Geek Squad Chris Askew was flanked by some of the nation’s best and brightest who wear black and orange (in addition to a couple hand-picked and lucky Blue Shirts, too).
“This trip means the world to me,” said Cody Halvorson, a Precinct Agent from Reno, Nev., who was the individual to ring the bell.
Among those in attendance were:
- Agent Shawn Hinton from Chino, Calif.
- Agent Kaleb Pfaff from Olathe, Kan.
- Agent Rebecca Waller from Minneapolis
- Covert Agent Cheryl Dorgan from Long Island, N.Y.
- Double Agent Lindsey Schnase from Bismarck, N.D.
- Precinct Agent Cody Halvorson from Reno, Nev.
- Agent Cody Parker from Minneapolis
- Blue Shirt Milana Shakhnazaryan from New York City
- Blue Shirt Regina Barresi from New York City
Starting with 44 agents two decades ago, Geek Squad is now 20,000 agents strong, destroying 75 million viruses each year and helping nearly 6,000 clients online with tech support every day.
(Photo by Ben Hider/NYSE Euronext)