October 19, 2016
Kevin FlanaganStaff Writer
It happened again.
You’re ready to kick back with some popcorn and watch that new movie on Netflix, but as soon as you push play, you’re greeted with that dreaded circle that never seems to stop spinning.
It’s another buffering issue because of a poor Wi-Fi connection.
But there’s help. Enter the new Home Wi-Fi Setup & Support service from Best Buy’s Geek Squad.
Going well beyond what internet service providers typically offer, Geek Squad Agents will optimize your router’s performance by configuring advanced settings you might not know exist. Agents can also help solve problems such as slow speeds, buffering and struggles connecting devices to the network.
From smartphones to smart home products, U.S. households are putting more stress on their routers than ever before. In fact, the NPD Group reports that the number of connected devices in the average U.S. Internet-enabled home has grown to more than eight today. You need a sturdy home network to keep things running smoothly.
Geek Squad understands that. That’s why the new service includes:
- Same-day setup via phone, web or schedule an in-home visit with an Agent.
- Configuring your new or existing router to get the best performance, including addressing dead spots and slow speeds, and making sure your network is secure.
- Ensuring your most important devices have Wi-Fi priority on your network and helping with wireless device connections.
- Customizing additional advanced settings, like parental controls and guest networks.
- 24/7 ongoing remote support from an expert Agent for one or two years.
- Discounts on Geek Squad in-home Wi-Fi services during your membership.
The Geek Squad Home Wi-Fi Setup & Support service is available for $99 for one year and $149.99 for two years. Additional savings of $20 is available with the purchase of select hardware, including routers, modems, laptops and connected home devices at Best Buy stores and online.
Home Wi-Fi Setup & Support membership is available now exclusively at Best Buy stores and online. For more information, visit www.BestBuy.com/HomeWifi.