December 16, 2013
Best BuyStaff Writer
After a grueling head-to-head competition that was battled out on the largest high-definition video screen in the world, James “biggcountry2” Bloomfield is Best Buy’s Ultimate Gamers Showdown champion. Bloomfield won 24 – 21 over Ryan “Dougthepirate” Danczak in the final round of the Ultimate Gamers Showdown at AT&T Stadium in Arlington, Texas.
“There were tough competitors all around,” James Bloomfield said. “It was an amazing experience to be able to play on this big screen.”
The Ultimate Gamers Showdown is an exclusive national gaming tournament developed by Best Buy to give gaming and sports fans around the nation an opportunity to try the next generation gaming systems, in addition to having gamers put their Madden NFL 25® skills to the test.
The tournament brought together some of the top gamers from across the country, but also celebrities like Hall of Fame running back Emmitt Smith and multi-platinum recording artist The Game. The gamers (hometown) who won the right to be there after winning their respective regional tournaments include:
– Atlanta – James Bloomfield (Sugar Hill, Ga.)
– Boston – Sean Pearson (Sudbury, Mass.)
– Chicago – Christopher Smith (Chicago)
– Detroit – Dak Mobley (Pittsburgh)
– Los Angeles – Tyrone Owens (Altadena, Calif.)
– Minneapolis – Ryan Danczak (Marshfield, Wis.)
– New York – Steven DellaMonica (Staten Island, N.Y.)
– San Francisco – Robert Collins (Antioch, Calif.)
Click here for more information on Best Buy’s Ultimate Gamers Showdown.